(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Products I Hate

I love trying new stuff, and, of course there's gonna be some stuff I come across that just blows. For example, the whole DuWop line of cosmetics, lotions, etc. I bought their Butter Cream Lotion that US magazine said was really popular & smelled so good just like butter cream frosting. Looking back, I think it was actually frosting. It had the most disgusting texture and was really sticky. I used it once then Sugar Bear got into it and chewed up the bottle (that gave me a really good excuse to throw away a brand new bottle of lotion. Thanks S.B! Good boy). Here's some other crap I wouldn't waste my money on...again:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Too Faced Lip Injection. Holy shit, this stuff hurt so bad. I got this as a sample with my last Sephora order. It does plump your lips, but it felt like I had a million bees stinging the hell out my lips. I accidentally got some on my tounge too and had to deal with that. Never again. If you want a lip plumper use Fusion Beauty lip gloss. It's even got the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval y'all:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My next disappointment was Carol's Daughter's "Ocean" fragrance. I swear this smells like crayons, and when I think of the ocean, the lovely scent of a Burnt Sienna or Magenta crayon do not come to mind. No.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I always hear that L'Occitane hand cream is the best, blah, blah, blah. It's sticky and doesn't sink into the skin to moisturize - it just sits on top of your hands and gets sticky. Gross.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really wanted to like the LORAC lip polish, but I just couldn't. It's goopy and sticky and God help you if the wind blows your hair into your face.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My last disappointment is Benefit's Boo Boo Zap. This is the only Benefit product I've tried and didn't like. It's supposed to get rid of zits. It didn't do anything. Nothing. The pimple was still there. Boo Boo Zap, you are a failure and God hates you.

What pieces of shit have you come across?

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2007 at 11:24 PM , Blogger beckylbranch said...

what kind of mascara do you use? I wanted to try that Dior Show have you tried that? Also, for zits "Kiehl's Drawing Paste" is a miracle....

 
At July 29, 2007 at 8:20 AM , Blogger JennJenn said...

I love Dior Show, but I'm using Benefit's Bad Gal mascara now. It's a little cheaper and the closest I've come to Dior Show. However,Dior Show is the best.

 
At July 29, 2007 at 8:23 AM , Blogger JennJenn said...

I've never tried the Drawing Paste from Kiehl's, but I really liked Mario Badescu's Dryig Lotion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home