(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Horror Movie Extravaganza Marathon Weekend Blowout Spectacular

So...

some girl ran a stop sign and hit me totaling my car, and I'm bored and depressed. All I've done this weekend is lay on my couch and watch scary movies and eat delicious Cap'n Crunch. I miss my car. I love my car. I want it back. My rental car blows. To my little G6, I will never forget you. I will make sure to visit you at Co-Part Salvage Yard at least once a week until you are turned into scrap metal. I will bring you cans of motor oil, little pine tree air fresheners, and other trinkets of that sort to place on your "grave".

In Memoriam
JennJenn's Sweet Ride
Sometime in 2006 - May 4, 2008

Photobucket

Anyway, here's a list of movies I watched this weekend & loved:

The Orphanage - This was such a good movie. It's in Spanish, so it has subtitles which sucked, but the story was awesome. This woman named Laura returns to the orphanage where she is raised in hopes of turning it into a home for retards. How touching. Soon, she starts seeing the ghosts of her childhood friends and her son goes missing, and she's convinced the ghosts had something to do with it. The rest of the movie shows Laura trying to contact these dead kids in hopes of finding her son. I loved the bittersweet ending, and little kid ghosts in weird "Eyes Wide Shut"-type masks always = scary.

The Evil Dead - A classic! Five friends go on vacation to a cabin in the woods which are haunted by evil spirits. They find The Book of the Dead, and resurrect these demons who go on to possess some of the characters. There is lots of blood, gore, monsters, and awful acting and dialogue making it one of the best scary movies ever.

Solstice - This was a pretty good one even if it was a lot like Gothika. Dead girl gets revenge on the people that killed her. The only thing not mediocre is the dead girl. She's pretty scary. Everytime I saw her I though I thought about the cover of Anne Rice's book "Merrick"

Photobucket

which always creeped me out.

I Spit On Your Grave - This writer chick rents a house in the middle of nowhere to finish her novel, but instead, she is gangraped and almost killed by 3 hicks and the town retard. So what does she do? Nope, doesn't call the cops. She gets revenge FTW! She methodically lures, traps, and kills her attackers. Make sure to look for the bathtub scene. I LOL'd.

One Missed Call - I really can't remember most of this movie, so i guess it sucked. But the ringtone of the calls in the movie have been stuck in my head for days.

Apocalypto - Holy shit was this awesome. And bloody. It's about a tribe captured for human sacrifices by the Mayans. The movie follows a warrior named Jaguar Paw who is captured and eventually escapes the Mayans to go save his family. And it has the best heart ripping out scene since Indiana Jones.

Teeth - Two words: Vagina Dentata. Google that shit.

The Hitcher - One of the coolest car crash scenes ever set to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails. Th hitcher is one of the most psychopathic killers since the chick in High Tension, Hannibal Lecter, and Prince Valliant haircut guy in No Country for Old Men.

Ugh, I'm just sick over my car. This blows.

2 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your car. I hope you get a new one soon.

I used to love scary movies, but I can't watch them anymore. The psychotic undertones stay with me longer than they should. I watched a documentary about the BTK killer, and it freaked me out for weeks.

 
At May 12, 2008 at 11:19 AM , Blogger JennJenn said...

OMG I saw that one, and it even bothered me. That guy is one of the scariest people ever & the definition of a psychopath.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home