(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hot Make-Up Messes

I do a lot of blogging about the products I love, so I'm going to do a post about stuff I've bought and tried and really hate. Don't even bother to waste your money on this garbage:

Photobucket

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara: It's highly overrated, gives you spider lashes and gets clumpy. I hate this mascara with a passion. I suggest Benefit's Bad Gal or Dior's Diorshow mascara or really anything with a large, thick brush.

Photobucket

Essie nail polish in Ballet Slippers: A cult favorite especially with celebrity manicurists, but I found this to be way too streaky with one coat, but too much like White-Out with two. If you want a light pink polish, I suggest Essie's Madameoiselle.

Photobucket

NARS Body Glow bronzer: This is a pretty decent bronzer, but really annoying. It's made with Monoi de Tahiti Oil which solidifies at room temperature, so you either have to place it in hot water or in the shower with you before using it which really blows because I always forget to do that. However, it does give you a nice bronze fake tan and smells like the beach - all coconutty and suntan lotion-y. I guess I have mixed feelings on this one.

Photobucket

DuWop's Lip Venom: This is supposed to be a lip plumper, but really it just stings the shit out of your lips and makes them abnormally red. Boooooo.

Photobucket

Benefit's Dr. Feelgood: I just don't get this one, and I can't remember if I bought it or why. You're supposed to put it on before your make up to smooth out texture and minimize pores, but I didn't notice a difference. This product is completely useless.

Photobucket

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer: I was very disappointed with this one. It's supposed to be the best concealer on the market, but it just wasn't. And it was too orange and wore off fast. Get Benefit's Boi-ing concealer. It's much better.

Photobucket

Chanel's Liquid Eyeshadow: It goes on pretty, shiny, and colorful, but dries down to a powder that creases too much. Another massive disappointment.

Photobucket

Biosilk Hair Products: I used the shampoo, conditioner, and the shine serum but was not impressed. The shampoo and conditioner dried my hair and the shine serum just made it greasy and stringy looking not shiny. I recommend Frederic Fekkai hair products especially the Technician Glaze to make your hair shine and not greasy/stringy.

Photobucket

Prescriptives Flawless Skin Foundation: For a company that publicizes that they custom mix your foundation for you, they sure do suck at it. The girl that did mine made mine too pink, and the product itself is chalky with little to no coverage. Lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home