(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, February 9, 2008

So I Went Furniture Shopping...

Well, it looks like I'm almost done shopping for furniture & decor for my new place. It's been so much fun, and I'm going to show you what I bought. When I get the apartment set up, I'll also post pictures of everything.
Photobucket
Here's my new sofa & chair from Haverty's. I decided to get a dark leather one. Normally, this would be a little too masculine for my taste, but my kitchen is right off the living room and has black granite countertops and stainless steel/black appliances. I usually get white or off-white furniture, but I just don't think it will look good. But anyway, the couch is awesome! It's soft leather, and it looks kind of aged which I love. It's also really deep and the cushions are so soft. I need a couch I can fall asleep on & this is perfect.

I also got one of those really big & wide chairs that two people could fit in. It's perfect for snuggling with your man or your abduction victims. Awww.
Photobucket
And don't think for a second I got those pillows in the pictures! They're fucking ugly, and they remind me of giant brownies which I really don't need to be thinking about.

I also went to Target and found some really cute things on clearance. I found this canvas painting of red, orange, & yellow poppies which are the colors I'm doing in the living room and kitchen:

Photobucket

I also got these candle holders and urns for decoration in the living room. I haven't decided what I'm going to put in the urns yet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't stand bright, overhead lighting, so I need lots of lamps. I bought this torchiere lamp on sale from Target and these milk glass lamps in green, yellow, & orange from Pottery Barn:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here's my new dining room set:

Photobucket

I just bought the table & chairs because the dining room is kind of small. I liked the dark wood and the white cushions because it will go with my adorable chandelier from Lamps Plus. I think a dark purple on the walls would look really good in this room.
Photobucket

It also has a small bar area for which I got some bar accessories from Pottery Barn's
Claro Collection. They are nothing fancy, but they are still gorgeous. I love them.

Photobucket

I have a second bedroom now that I couldn't decide to turn into a guest bedroom or an office until I found this beautiful bedroom set.

Photobucket

I'm going to put my old bedroom furniture in the guest bedroom. Now y'all can come visit, and we can have sleepovers and braid each other's hair while watching Mean Girls and She's All That and talk about how fuckable Freddie Prinze Jr. is then have drunken pillow fights. Yay! But anyway, I'm going to do my room in green. Here's my new bed set from Pottery Barn:

Photobucket
Photobucket

And I found this lamp on clearance at Target. It's perfect for my bedroom:
Photobucket

Finally, my kitchen! I think this is going to be my favorite room. It's a nice size with black granite table tops, oak cabinets, and black and stainless steel applicances. I've decided to use orange as my main color. It will be really pretty and go perfectly with the living room decor. I bought these plates to mix & match from P.B.:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And I got these beautiful drinking glasses.

Photobucket

So all I've got left to do is get bathroom decor, get a coffee table, and a small entertainment center to put my TV on in the living room. I'm still waiting on my tables for the balcony to come in, and I'll post pictures when I get those pieces and when I finish shopping for the other stuff. And please give me any suggestions or ideas you have. I'd love to hear them. <3 Y'all!

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Blogger beckylbranch said...

Jen! I love it! Everything looks so POSH! I can't wait to come have a sleepover and eat s'mores sometime! LOVE YA! Becky

 
At February 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Blogger JennJenn said...

Thank you Becks! You have to come over when you get here this summer. Miss you!

 
At February 11, 2008 at 12:17 AM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Geez Jens...I need you to come decorate my house! You have great taste & I love the living room furniture. Leather is great when you have doggies ;) I can't wait to see pics of the apartment & how it all comes together! Love you!
Bons

 
At February 12, 2008 at 5:53 PM , Blogger JennJenn said...

Thank you my Bons! I love u & miss u too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home