(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Summer Scents and Bobbie Brown

I hardly ever go to the mall, but I went today because I was so bored and wanted to check out the summer beauty and fragrance collections. I found some amazing stuff that I have to tell you about, and these are all new brands I am trying for the first time which is very exciting.

My first stop was the perfume counter, of course, and I have found my summer scents.

Photobucket

The first is Nina by Nina Ricci. I comes in an adorable apple bottle and is the perfect fruity/floral. When I first spritzed it on I smelled the citrusy top note of Calabrian lemon and Caipirinha lime drying down into my favorite notes of vanilla, toffee apple, and praline mixed with peony and moonflower (it sounds odd, but I promise it works. It smells amazing.). Finally, the base notes of applewood, white cedar, and musk appear and combine with the apple and florals making a unique and beautiful scent perfect for summer nights.

But I think I love Prada's Infusion D'Iris even more. It's an incredibly soft, cool fragrance with notes of mandarin, orange blossom, galbanum, iris, incense, benzoin, cedar, lentisc and vetiver. It reminds me of one of my Guerlain favorites, L'Instant. I was very surprised that I liked this scent since I'm not really into the masculine vetiver or any aldehydic scents. But these completely disappeared on the dry-down leaving the iris, orange blossom, incense, and cedar notes. It also has a faint powdery smell, but nothing too strong. The notes mix perfectly into a beautiful fragrance. This is definitely one I'll be wearing all summer.

I also bought some Bobbie Brown products. I've heard lots of good things about this line, and I can't believe I've never tried anything of hers until now.

Photobucket

The saleslady totally sold me on the foundation and moisturizer. I have combination skin with it oily in some areas and really dry in others. She applied the Hydrating Face Cream and the Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in Porcelain which made my skin incredibly soft and my skin tone completely even. I am in love with these! I also decided to try the cult classic Shimmer Brick (a blush/highlighter) in Rose, the Creamy Eye Pencil in Smoke, and the Glitter Lip Gloss in Naked, and I am very impressed. The eyeliner goes on very smoothly - no dragging & very smudgeable. The gloss is long-lasting, just like a MAC gloss, and very beautiful. And the Shimmer Brick deposits just the right amount of color and shimmer. Bobbie Brown appears to be a very high quality brand, and I recommend it to anyone.

I'll be posting more product reviews as soon as I get my orders in. <3 Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home